You probably want to forget your ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend and move on with your life. Unfortunately seeing them with somebody new on their arm makes that almost impossible. It is not uncommon for people to feel jealous of their ex’s newfound happiness.
If you have devoted weeks or months of your time, and a large portion of your heart into making them love, it isn’t an easy thing to just turn off all of those emotions. Luckily there are some very effective ways of removing any lingering feelings for your ex.
- Take a trip. The easiest way to get over your ex, is to take a break from seeing them. Going on a short vacation out of town, will put them out of sight and mind. And discovering new places, people and things should help any memories of your ex fade into the background. You will find that putting yourself into a new setting will give you a new perspective on your old relationship.
- Date someone. Fight fire with fire. Dating someone who can take the place of your ex is a very successful way of erasing his memory. Not only will dating someone new help you forget your ex, but transferring your attention and emotions will help you begin a new chapter in your life. And because you are focused on your new partner, you won’t have time or interest to care about the goings on of your old flame.
- Start a new career. Sometimes what the heart needs most is to engage the mind. One of the most effective ways of doing that is to jump start your life with a career change or an increased devotion to your old one. If you feel like you need to make a significant change, you may consider going back to school to prepare yourself for a new life. Once you begin to dedicate yourself to advancing your professional life, you will soon find that your personal life will diminish in importance.
- Move. A costly and time-consuming option, but moving to a new town can help you leave behind your ex and any unwelcome associations you may have with him or her. The change in scenery may be worth it, if you find yourself unnaturally preoccupied with the affairs of your ex. And breaking out of your old social circle may help prevent bumping into him on a regular basis.
- Start a blog. The therapeutic value of expressing pent up emotions is way too undervalued. You can expel these toxic emotions like anger, jealousy and sadness by communicating them to close friends, writing in a journal or posting them online in the form of a personal blog. If you are uncomfortable posting personal thoughts and emotions where the whole world, including your ex, can see and respond to them, a blog may be something you want to ease into.
- Get a dog or cat. Much of the attention that we pay to our ex lovers results from a need to express our affection. Replacing the object of our affection with something that provides undeniable love and appreciation in return can be very effective in helping us remove too much focus on our ex. The devotion that a dog or cat returns to us is a very effective receptacle for our bottled up need to love and be loved.
- Find a new hobby. One of the biggest disadvantages to being out of a relationship is that we find ourselves with way too much time. We often use that time to obsess about the person that used to be the object of our attention, and unfortunately if that person is now spending his or her time with someone else, we can obsess about them in very unhealthy ways. A full schedule can help alleviate that constant obsession. So pick up a new activity or one that you have not done in a while to occupy your mind and body. If you can find something like a sport, musical instrument or group social activity, these things will help distract you.
Jealousy is a very common side effect of becoming separated from the man or woman that used to fill your life. In most cases, it really isn’t the act of an ex dating someone else that is the problem, rather it is rooted in our response. So there is really no need to involve your ex, just find something else that can satisfy whatever emotional needs you require.Do you want your ex back? Make sure you watch this video... Do NOT commit one of the 7 deadly mistakes or they might leave you for good... find out how to avoid it here: Click here to check out the video to get your ex back.