The social world is a complex, continuously evolving maelstrom of signals, hidden messages and hints. People can make their feelings known in direct, obvious ways, but most of us become less expressive as we mature. So you have to rely on decoding the complicated social code that most people adopt.
Some people have very personal and specific ways of letting you know how they feel about you, but in general people utilize pretty standard ways of signalling their underlying emotions. If you are having difficulty deciphering how your ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend is feeling about you, here are some general guidelines.
- Frequent calls or visits. This is an obvious sign that your ex would like to maintain at least a friendship with you and possibly quite more. The more often your ex attempts to communicate with you, the more serious is the possibility that he or she misses you and would like to renew the relationship. A good barometer is to compare how often you talked or saw one another before you became intimate, during the relationship and following. If the number of calls or visits correlates more strongly with the number during your relationship then chances are good, your ex expects more than mere friendship. also consider the timing of these contacts. If he or she is calling you while they are at work or late at night, you can safely assume that you are on their mind a lot.
- Physical contact. If you find your ex sits very close to you while you are talking and often touches their face or you, they are signalling that they would like your relationship to become more intimate. You should also pay attention to their physical distance when the two of you go out or are in social scenarios. If he or she sits next to you rather than across at restaurants, they are subtly signalling their desire for you. Similarly if they repeatedly sit close by when you are in a group, they want more attention from you.
- Their friends interrogate you. If you find that your ex’s friends have probing and frequent questions for you about how you feel about your ex, or if you are dating anyone, then they are probably asking these questions at the request of your ex. An unnatural or unseemly interest in your personal life is often a signal that your ex wants to make sure you are still available to any advances that he/she would like to make.
- You constantly meet your ex. If you find yourself constantly running into your ex, this is probably not accidental. Analyze how often you find yourself in the company of your ex. Also evaluate if these chance meetings are occurring in places that you normally visit and that your ex would know beforehand. Pay special attention to the state of your ex. Do they appear unusually dressed up or made up?
- You receive invitations to join your ex in personal situations. If you find your ex inviting you to family, workplace or social gatherings that are typically reserved for an intimate partner, there are few more obvious signs that he or she still has strong feelings for you. It is best to accept one or more of these invitations, merely to discover how he or she is treating you in these socially sensitive situations. How he/she introduces you to their family, friends and coworkers can provide valuable clues to their feelings. And if he/she tends to hover around you at these things, it probably indicates he wants others to associate you with him/her.
- Your ex sends you gifts. If someone is still retaining romantic feelings, they may want to show those feelings by presenting you with gifts. These gifts may not be obviously romantic in nature, but the mere act of expending time and money on an ex lover is a sure sign that your ex has some romantic desire.
Past romantic partners can be guarded in how they feel about you, so it may take some careful analysis of their actions and words to decipher their feelings. The good news is that if they are positive feelings, they will continue to express them until you eventually get them.Do you want your ex back? Make sure you watch this video... Do NOT commit one of the 7 deadly mistakes or they might leave you for good... find out how to avoid it here: Click here to check out the video to get your ex back.