Just because your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend has told you the relationship is over, that doesn’t mean you should take their word for it. Relationships end for numerous reasons; some of them for serious ones and others for frivolous ones. But emotions can be fickle things. So no matter how emphatically your ex stated that the relationship will never work, there is always a way to convince them that you are still the right person for them.
- Strike up a friendship with your ex’s friends. This may be difficult to accomplish, but it can pay huge dividends. Having even one of your good friends voicing support for you, can be that one thing that tips the scales in your favor. So do what you have to do to win some good will from that quarter. A good way to do this, is to do some research on some of their activities and try to join them while they do it.
- Send your ex a creative video. With videos such a big part of most of our lives, there are plenty of inspirations for a touching and memorable way to say, “I love you. Still” You may wish to include a photo montage of some happy memories from your relationship. Be sure to provide an appropriate musical background.
- Get in shape. Looking your sexiest means you have to be in good physical condition. Next time your ex lays eyes on you, you want them to do a double take at how good you look now. Exercising has numerous benefits in addition to improving your sex appeal. It will help dispel those post-breakup blues and it will provide an excellent reason to get out of the house. More importantly it will improve your self-image which in turn will raise your confidence. And confidence will be instrumental in convincing your ex to take you back.
- Order some things for your ex. If you know what kinds of things your ex would appreciate, then you should hit some of their favorite online or retail sites, and order them a few nice things. You want to choose things based on how meaningful they will be to them. If they can evoke a powerful and happy memory from your relationship, that would be perfect. If you choose to send a series of gifts, make sure the last few gifts have the most emotional impact or dollar value.
- Have a one night stand. Hooking up has real therapeutic benefits. Finding that members of the opposite sex are still attracted to you can help salve a wounded ego and bolster your confidence. Finding someone to share some time with can serve to fill the emotional void left behind by your ex. Of course you want to eventually fill it with your ex, but until then it is good to focus on someone else. And if your ex finds out that you are dating, it can arouse some interest in you. They may wonder if this is just a rebound or if you have truly moved on. If you are lucky, it may even generate some jealousy. After all, unavailability can be very attractive.
- Achieve some success in your career. This emotional debacle may be the motivation you need to get that big job promotion, found your own start-up or reach another career milestone. Putting more hours at the office will take your mind off of the painful breakup. If you can show your ex that you were not defeated by the breakup, they will have more respect for what you have to say to them. Independent, successful people are more confident and much more appealing as a romantic partner.
- Make a heartfelt plea. Honesty is something the most effective strategy you can employ. If you have something new to say to your ex that may convince them to reconsider ending the relationship, you should try to arrange a one on one meeting. Shoot for a dinner or a private walk, but coffee and lunch can be just as good. Begin with an apology which will set the tone for the talk. You don’t want to walk back into another argument; you merely want to declare your love and ask for a second chance. Try to avoid too much emotionality and be as calm and logical as possible.