Anyone who has felt the pain of rejection by the one you love, knows that the most important question on their mind is “Will my ex come back to me?” Everyone holds that hope that their ex will change their minds and return.
And this isn’t a hopeless dream; couples reunite all the time, even after some horrifying breakups. If you are wondering if your ex may be considering coming back to you, here are some things you should watch for:
- Does your ex call you or visit a lot? The number of times your ex tries to communicate with you can be a very important indicator of how much they think about you. And if they are thinking enough to call you every couple of days, that means that you must be a pretty important person to them.
- How long are your talks? If your talks are more than just a casual hey, how are you, then there may be stronger feelings underneath the surface. The more time they are spending with you, the greater the chance that they don’t want to say goodbye. If they are that reluctant to leave your company, you should definitely make an attempt to restart the relationship. After all, you may as well be formally together if he/she wants to be with you so much.
- Do they ask you personal questions? Even if your talks aren’t that long, but your ex asks you pointed questions about your private life, that could mean they are trying to investigate whether you are still available. Be especially alert to questions about your dating activities, or if you are interested in someone. Also be aware of if your ex is trying to massage some information from your friends.
- How open are they about themselves? If your ex is sharing intimate details about their own lives, they are probably trying to make an effort to escalate your friendship to a more serious, romantic relationship. Even if they seem to tell you details in a joking manner, be sure to note that it isn’t common behavior to discuss private matters with an ex. Sharing such things are often indicative of a profound trust, and a desire for reciprocation.
- How much physical contact do they initiate? If your ex is especially handsy with you, that is a good sign, that they are ok with physical and emotional intimacy. Especially with women, a touch on the arm or a big hug can often mean attraction. Even if they don’t actually touch you that much but touch their hair or face, that could very well mean that they are into you.
- How many subtle signs of attraction are there? There are subtle things that can occur between the two of you that indicate a desire for a more serious relationship. If your ex can’t seem to take their eyes off of you, even a group setting, that is a good sign. Watch to see if they often choose to sit or be close to you in a larger setting. And when you go out together, do they choose to sit across from you or next to you?
- What are their friends telling you? Often an ex will be reluctant to make any overt moves to signal a desire for a romance, so they will get their friends to feel you out. If one or more of your ex’s close friends starts trying to get closer, listen closely to what they are telling you. If they are asking probing questions, or telling you that your ex is really lonely, you may wish to get in touch with your ex. He/she is probably hoping that you do.
- Do they continue to profess their love? Sometimes the mind and the heart don’t work together. Your ex’s logical mind could be saying a relationship is a bad idea, but their heart wants exactly that. In many of these cases, an ex could continue to argue that a relationship is out of the picture, but still say that they love you. In this scenario, all they are looking for is a good reason to get back together. You are already the one they want, you just need to accept the invitation.