Getting over someone is never an easy proposition. So if you need to find some good advice on how to deal with an ex-boyfriend, it is a good idea to read the words of others who have been in your shoes.
- “You can’t see your next if you’re too busy looking at your Ex.” Just let your ex-boyfriend know that you won’t be looking in your rearview mirror too long. Maybe it’s time for you to move on, you don’t know any of the many surprises life has in store for you. If you’re too hung up on your ex, you won’t ever get to know them either.
- “I’m not going to cry over him, because that’s what he wants. I’m gonna keep my head up, smile and show that bitch what he’s missing.” I love the spirit of this quote. Giving into those sad feelings is exactly what your ex-boyfriend needs to feel like he came out ahead in the relationship. Don’t let him walk away feeling that he got everything he wanted. Defy him and go on enjoying life.
- “Some exes don’t get the picture that they will NEVER be back in the picture.” Tell your ex with firmness that there is no hope of a repeat with you with this emphatic statement. This is especially appropriate if he is pestering you for something you don’t want to give him.
- “I don’t make mistakes…I date them.” This bumper sticker quote is a perfect way to answer any accusations that your ex-boyfriend tries to fling at you. You may not be perfect, but that is no reason to show any of your flaws to someone you have already said goodbye to for the last time.
- “Dear Ex, someday I will catch myself smiling because my life is better without you.” This is a truth you can rest your hopes on. No matter how bad the breakup was, or how bad life is in the immediate aftermath, the future is guaranteed to be better.
- “I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else, because my mom always taught me to give my used toys to the less fortunate. “ You have nothing to be jealous about. Looking back at your ex is a meaningless waste of time, you should better for yourself.
- “It only takes one bad boyfriend to realize that you deserve so much more.” If you need to dig your heels into your ex one more time, this is the perfect quote. His hypocrisy should amuse you. And you should be glad that he’s gone.
- “Do not take your ex boyfriend’s bad opinion of you as the truth. Nothing he thinks or says about you is about you, but rather a reflection of his own reality.” These words should encourage you and maybe even provide a new perspective on the breakup. Your ex had his own issues, and before you accept his criticisms as gospel truth, see how they fit him better than you.
- “Have a nice life. I am done trying to be in it.” This is an excellent way to end all relations with your ex. Polite, yet unyielding.